- Into the Mines of Moria. https://t.co/tbtsAS0PZf 2 days ago
- Into the Mines of Moria. instagram.com/p/BZJOz5Vlhyy/ 2 days ago
- Halfway through our 50 mile bike ride. Fat tire bikes aren't too bad, but by the end we were exhausted. https://t.co/xrqcCbSOIz 2 days ago
- Halfway through our 50 mile bike ride. Fat tire bikes aren't too bad, but by the end we were… instagram.com/p/BZJOinBFH7m/ 2 days ago
- When you build a bike trail on old train tracks you use the tunnels too. Except there is a spring in the ground abo… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
Category Archives: education
If school choice didn’t work in Kent County why do we think it will work today?
If inequity of funding was a symptom of the problem 50 years ago how can we reform education by cutting funding today?
If lack of experience and lack of advanced degrees was a symptom of poor schools in the 1960’s how can replacing those same teachers be considered reform today? Continue reading
Are public schools doing enough or are they trying to do too much? In the case of Hendrick Hudson School District v. Rowley A lower court noted that: “she performs better than the average child in her class and is … Continue reading
As a math person i am not afraid of numbers or budgets, but a budget is more than just numbers. Much of the money from the federal government has strings attached to it so every penny has to come from … Continue reading
RT @LearnBoost: Is the Khan Academy the future of education? http://cot.ag/dLstON Don’t be too quick to dismiss the possibility. If a computer can do it better why not let it http://www.ted.com/talks/sugata_mitra_shows_how_kids_teach_themselves.html Math Wars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_wars May you live in interesting times. … Continue reading
I confess when I started teaching, even in math, if I had a book I based most of my curriculum on the book. The individual lessons were often modified, but I allowed the book publisher to dictate most of what … Continue reading
My summary of our discussion during the week.